Skip to main content

The Late Bloomer

Have you ever experienced being pressured by your relatives and friends to enter into a relationship already because YOU are getting older and no one’s courting you yet???

As if by that act, men would come and court you? As if it wasn’t your all-day no, all-year long prayer – “Lord, give me a man to love, and who will love me back!” and yet, still there’s none!

I graduated high school and college and had not a boyfriend! Very focused on my studies, and knowing how my parents are working for my education – I graduated Cum Laude.. but I have no boyfriend!:)

It may be just me feeling the pressure every time, relatives, would ask if I have a boyfriend already and that it’s about time I have one.. and I would unconsciously come out with all the excuses about studies and all, face the mirror and see a beautiful swan, but men maybe seeing otherwise!!!

It’s funny now, looking back, how every Lenten season, our family would do “Visita Iglesia” and to all the churches that we would visit, my prayer is just the same “Lord, find me a boyfriend!” haha year after year after year.

And then at 24, he came! No, they came! – to the point that I need to choose which one! And fast forward, I got married, but that’s another story…

You maybe wondering what happened in between? How I survived years of single blessedness and no boyfriend since birth syndrome despite the eagerness to have one! Well, here’s what I did and I am pretty sure, someone, somewhere, sometime will benefit from my lovely experience.

First, I buried myself in Self-Help books, funny but being a book-lover that I am, I love the smell of National Bookstore – Self-Help book section! With the books that I’ve read, I learned to love myself more and more, I learned to accept and trust people around me, I realized a lot of things about me and my universe, how my thoughts are changing me, how my actions are affecting others and most especially how I am attracting the persons that I want or not want to be in my life. Reading Self-Help books is a BIG FACTOR why everything about me changed!

Second, I attended Leadership Training Seminars! Having a passion for learning and growth made me just want to learn so much more, so I’ll be so much more too! There’s no time to waste! I may not be a leader of my organization, but I am a leader of my own thoughts! I am a leader of my own life. Reasons don’t count anymore, only what results I am producing, making sure I am responsible and accountable for my actions. Leadership seminars helped!

Third, I visualized! From all the insights, all the trainings of all my books and facilitator mentors. I know in due time, my vision will come, because I have my heart set in to it! I know what I want, “a man – who will love and accept me as I am!”, “a man who knows how to listen and to understand”, “a man who is God-fearing”, and because I know what I want to have, I became who I want to have! Before I receive, I need to give. Embracing my “wants” in my man, made me become that! and made me attract the man of my vision. And it worked!

I realized, I will never have control in what other people may think of me, what they say about me, what other people told them about me… all this I have no control of. BUT, I can control ME. People will always have something negative to say, but at the end of the day, what matters is what I am saying to myself! People may pressure me because, I do not conform to their social ways, but that doesn’t matter, for as long as I know who I am and what direction I am going, then I am fine.

And true enough, at 24 I had my share. I guess, I’m a very late bloomer.. a caterpillar stuck! but in time flew.. unique and different!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Outside the Box!

Welcome to WEALTHY TUESDAYS! Money-Matters!   Let’s me face the fact.  The fact is anything can happen.  Everything is possible and possibilities are infinite. Good. Wait! Everything? Is possible? Infinite possibilities? Yes. That’s correct. (It is only our mind that sets limits; try pushing your mind beyond the box!) I learned from seminars I’ve attended in the past that  “If the intention is clear, then the mechanism will appear.” Formula: Intention 100% + Mechanism 0% = Achieved Goal 100% If my intention, (belief, purpose, faith) is clear then the mechanism (activity, action, system) will appear! ~ and that will make me achieve my goal! 100% intention that is ALL IT TAKES! Wow! Then, let me be clear: “I want financial wealth; I want more money, so I could be of more service to people esp. to my family, relatives and friends.” and “I want financial wealth; I want more money, so I could enjoy more of life’s grandeu...

Say IT!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/70285332@N00/3032368925 "Show what you feel in relationships. If you feel like crying, cry your eyes out! When you feel like laughing, laugh your eyes out. Scream when you want to scream. Roll on the floor. Surprise everybody!" "Please don’t wait to communicate your feelings!" This came from Leo Buscaglia 's book Living, Loving and Learning . (click his name to know more about it.) For now, you would have known that I am a fan! Yes, I am! Just Say IT! I hate it when my husband will not talk to me because I did something wrong! I do not know why he needs to pamper the pain!!! I am his exact opposite because I just simply communicate what I feel, well, tactless at times but, I need the communication part, so that when I’m done with it, then it’s done.   Just LET ME KNOW! There are people who are afraid to communicate their feelings to the point that instead of directly telling "what's bugging them" with the particular...

...in my bridge

I feel like I am currently in a "bridge". My life hanging at the moment. My life on hold. I was supposed to continue on with my next 30 day challenge - and I still do, I still TRY to eat less, I still TRY not to eat AFTER 6. But, I haven't weighed myself yet.. so I will update my THE 90-DAY CHALLENGE on the 90th day!  I will post my final weight results here on April 8! I have a lot of things cooking up in my mind. But, due to what-have-you reasons, it all needs to wait. God knows my plans and my dreams, and I am just holding on to HIM. For the mean time, in my "bridge", I am loving the opportunities that are coming my way. I am loving my ambiance, the people I work with, friends I have online and offline; everything and everyone, I appreciate and love! I just feel blessed - and I hope you feel as blessed too! But, I am still here in my "bridge", and I wait. Golden Gate Bridge San Francisco, USA Rainbow Bridge, Tokyo, Japan ...